diumenge, 4 d’abril del 2010

LETTER TO AN ASSISTANT SHOP

I am writing to complain about a digital clock radio. I bought from your shop last Monday. The problem is that after two days, I could see the time but I cannot listen to the radio.
When I returned the faulty clock to the shop, the shop assistant tried to repair the radio that he cannot repair and asked me for a receipt but I have not because I throw it into the garbage and the shop assistant did not want to change it.
I would be happy if you could change or repair it or you will give the money back. If this is possible I will like you to change it. It is possible that there are more clocks with the same problem because a friend of mine has the same problem.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours faithfully.

1 comentari:

carmina ha dit...

Maties, please send me your e-mail again,
I cannot find it and therefore I CANNOT send your composition.
this is my new one
cmarti16@ya.com